Endpoint Services, Munki, Accessing Your Repository
This article provides information for connecting to unit package repositories in the Technology Services Munki Mac Endpoint Management system.
- Munki Mac Endpoint Management
- University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Services Munki Mac Endpoint Management
2. Select Go > Connect to Server (or ⌘+K)
3. Enter the address of your repository and click the Connect button.
4. Enter your password and click the Connect button
5. Your Munki repository will appear in a Finder window
6. Note that in order to open pkginfo files at the global, UofI, or UIUC/UIC/UIF level, you will need to mount the global repository instead of your unit level repository. This is due to MTM's permissions and file locking mechanisms. The address of the global repository is https://USER@munki.eps.uillinois.edu:3443/repos/global, where USER is your username.
MunkiAdmin is a macOS-only application that provides a graphical user interface for managing a Munki repository.
1. Download and install the MunkAdmin application from GitHub.*
*MunkiAdmin utilizes some components of the Munki client and requires it to be installed in order for MunkiAdmin to run properly.
2. Follow steps 1 through 5 above in the Connecting Using Finder section to mount your Munki repository in Finder
3. Launch the MunkiAdmin application, which is typically installed in either the Applications or Applications/Utilities directories.
5. MunkiAdmin will scan your repository and then create a local snapshot for you to work from. Depending on network speed and the size of your repo, this can take several minutes.
6. You are now ready to manage your Munki repository with MunkiAdmin.