Office 365, Email, Configure the Mail and Calendar app for iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app, scroll down, and tap Mail. It has a gradient blue icon with a white envelope, and will be in the same section as other built-in apps (Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Phone, etc.)
- Tap Accounts to see a list of accounts you've already set up in iOS.
- Tap Add Account at the bottom of this list, and select Microsoft Exchange from the options.
- Enter your full University email address (usually your NetID followed by @illinois.edu) in the Email field. The Description field may automatically fill, though you can change it to any title you'd like it to appear under in the Accounts list.
- Tap Next in the upper-right corner. A popup will appear asking about signing in using Microsoft to discover your Exchange account information, and if you'd like to Configure Manually or Sign In. Select Sign In.
- A University-branded sign in screen will load, with your address already filled in and a prompt for your password. Use the same password as for other University services, and click the blue Sign in button.
- You may be asked to perform 2-factor authentication if you have it configured for your account.
- You may be shown a warning about iOS Accounts; select Accept.
- Use the switches to select which iOS apps you'd like to use with your Illinois account, then tap Save in the upper-right corner.
You'll be taken back to the list of accounts, which will now include an entry with the title given for Description in step 4.
- Navigate to the Mail app (or any other iOS app you selected) to verify that data from your University account appears. It may take several minutes to download all contents of your mailbox.
These settings have been verified to be accurate using an iPhone 13 running iOS 16.6.1, but should be similar for any iPhone or iPad with any relatively recent version of iOS.
These steps can be used to add multiple University accounts to the same device, if required.