EWS Labs, Remote Access, Connecting to Citrix From a Mac
How to connect to Citrix from a macOS computer
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace application from http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver. If you have an older version installed, please upgrade to the newest version.
- If you are connecting from a network other than IllinoisNet or the residence halls, connect to the Tech Services VPN service before using Citrix. If you encounter issues connecting to Citrix on-campus or off-campus, please connect to the VPN and select '3_Tunnel All' before connecting. Instructions for the Technology Services VPN can be found at http://techservices.illinois.edu/services/virtual-private-networking-vpn. Problems connecting to the VPN service can be directed to Technology Services Help Desk.
- Once you are connected to the VPN (if off-campus) open the Citrix Workspace application. The first time you open Citrix Workspace, input 'citrix.engr.illinois.edu' without quotes in the server address field and select 'next'.
- When the login screen appears, input your netID and your campus AD password.
- Select the 'Apps' tab to view all applications
- Most applications will save content to your EWS home directory by default, and can also save content to your local computer. Access your EWS home directory remotely by following the instructions at https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois.engineering/page.php?id=81206.
- If you have connection issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org.