cPanel, Including Box-stored files and images in cPanel-hosted web pages
Because cPanel has a limited amount of storage space, you may wish to host images and documents such as PDFs in Box and link to them from your web pages.
If you want to use Box to host files and images for your cPanel website, you'll want three things:
- (Optional but recommended:) A specific Box folder to contain the shared content
- File permissions that include "everyone with the link"
- The "Direct Link" to the file (which is usually not the same as the URL in your browser window)
Choosing a folder
While you can provide individual direct links to files that are stored in different locations within Box, you'll find it easier to keep track of where your web-linked files and images are if you create a folder specifically for this purpose.
For the examples below we've used a folder called Public. We've also uploaded a test document and a copy of the I-mark GIF image.
Setting the file's permissions and getting the direct link
1. Select your file in the Box folder and click the Share button that appears when you click or hover over your file.
2. In the Shared Link window that appears, adjust the file permissions to People with the link.
3. Click the gear icon to open the Shared Link Settings window.
4. Copy the Direct Link to the file.
5. Use this link in your cPanel-hosted web pages to include images or files from Box.