EWS Labs, Using Android Studio in the EWS Windows Labs
Using Android Studio in the EWS Labs
This document is updated as of Fall 2022 and applies to Android Studio version 4.0
To use Android Studio in the EWS Labs, follow the steps below:
- Open the Software Center application. You can search for "Software Center" in the start menu, or use the shortcut on the desktop.
- Look for "Android Studio" in the list of software.
- If the "Status" column says "Installed" then you are good to go.
- If the "Status column says "Available" then click on Android Studio and click "Install". Installation should only take a few minutes.
- Once you've confirmed Android Studio is installed. Simply search for "Android Studio" in the start menu and run it.
- You will likely be prompted to download a version of the Android SDK. Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you have questions or trouble following any of these steps, please submit a help form at https://go.illinois.edu/ewshelp