NetID - How do I request a new External Affiliate status?
Requesting an External Affiliate status, the initial request form.
An External Affiliate is typically a person who is not an employee, student, or faculty member that requires a UIN and NetID. This could be a visiting scholar, guest, vendor etc. This is not to be confused with a person requiring only WiFi access, this is handled locally at the campus level.
- A person who has an active NetID on any campus, this implies a UIN has previously been assigned.
- A person who previously had an active NetID and/or UIN on any campus, e.g. a graduate 10 years previous now becoming an Vendor.
- A person who has never had a relationship with any University of Illinois campus, a new UIN will be required.
You will be required to provide this information:
- First Name (Required by i-Card)
- Last Name (Required by i-Card)
- Date of Birth (Required by i-Card)
- Gender (Required by i-Card)
- University email address of sponsor
- Personal email address (Utilized for status notifications or for additional information follow-up)
- Middle Name
- UIN (If known from current or previous University relationship)
- NetID (If known from current or previous University relationship)