NetID - How do I request a new External Affiliate status?
Requesting an External Affiliate status, the initial request form. (Not available to all Units)
This tool is not available to all Units at this time. It is available to UIS and some units within UIUC, it is not available to UIC. We continue to onboard additional units within UIUC over time.
An External Affiliate is typically a person who is not an employee, student, or faculty member that requires a UIN and NetID. This could be a visiting scholar, guest, vendor etc. This is not to be confused with a person requiring only WiFi access, this is handled locally at the campus level.
- A person who has an active NetID on any campus, this implies a UIN has previously been assigned.
- A person who previously had an active NetID and/or UIN on any campus, e.g. a graduate 10 years previous now becoming an Vendor.
- A person who has never had a relationship with any University of Illinois campus, a new UIN will be required.
You will be required to provide this information:
- First Name (Required by i-Card)
- Last Name (Required by i-Card)
- Date of Birth (Required by i-Card)
- Gender (Required by i-Card)
- University email address of sponsor
- Personal email address (Utilized for status notifications or for additional information follow-up)
- Middle Name
- UIN (If known from current or previous University relationship)
- NetID (If known from current or previous University relationship)