Technology Services Wi-Fi Help Portal-Illinois Faculty, Staff and Students-Gaming Devices
Finding the MAC Address
IllinoisNet uses a device's unique identifier, called the MAC address, to keep track of what's using your account to connect. The first step in setting up something to use your account is to find and record its MAC address. This looks different for different consoles, but some common ones include:
- From the Switch home screen, select the gear icon to open System Settings.
- Scroll down to the Internet section and highlight it.
- The Connection Status heading of the Internet section will have an entry for System MAC Address, a chain of letters and numbers.
Menus and headings differ between Xbox models and operating system versions, but in general look for Wireless MAC in the Advanced settings section of the system's Network settings.
Menus and headings differ between PlayStation models and operating system versions, but in general look for MAC Address (Wi-Fi) in the Console Information section of System Settings, or in the View Connection Status section of Network Settings.
Registering Your Device
Once you've recorded your console's MAC address, you'll need to use another device that's already connected to IllinoisNet, such as a computer or smartphone, to add it to your account.
- Navigate to go.illinois.edu/IllinoisNetDevices using a device that is already connected to IllinoisNet.
- Sign in to the Wireless Guest and Device Management Portal with your NetID and password.
- Click the Devices section to reach the Device Management page, then select Manage Devices.
- Any device listed on the Manage Devices table will receive an internet connection from the IllinoisNet_Guest network.
Use the Create button or Add Device link on this page to open the Device Registration page.
Once you see your device listed in the Manage Devices table, it will be allowed to join the _Guest network without interruption. You may need to disconnect or power off the console for a few minutes before this change will take hold.
Still having trouble?
If you live in one of the University Housing dormitories on campus, reach out to the Housing Technology unit by submitting a ticket here or calling them at 217-244-1111.
If you're located elsewhere on campus but are having trouble with IllinoisNet, reach out to the Technology Services Help Desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 217-244-7000.