EDDIE/Web Intelligence Rich Client - Breaks
A break is a division within a block in which data is grouped according to a selected dimension, detail, or measure into self-contained sections.
Break sections are represented as smaller tables within the same block of data.
You use breaks to display all the data for each unique value of an object in separate parts.
Breaks offer the following advantages:
- You can more efficiently organize how your data is represented.
- You can display subtotals.
- You can display sub-aggregations.
When you insert a break, the break footer is automatically filled with the appropriate amounts. The default measure aggregation is used. If the measure has no aggregation, then it is not added in the footer.
With same level breaks, the header is displayed at the same level whenever you select multiple objects for a break. The breaks depend on the layout of the table, meaning that the first break happens whenever a value of the first object in the table layout changes.
Value-based breaks are based on values that you have purposely selected.
When creating value based breaks, the headers and footers are only displayed for the values that you have selected.
To create a break:
- Once your query runs, press ALT + 2 to ensure you are in Design mode and in the Format panel, click Report Element Data in the top row of icons and Breaks panel in the bottom row of icons.
- Click the Add a break menu, select a single object or multiple objects, and click OK.
- In the Format panel, click Report Element Data in the top row of icons and Breaks panel in the bottom row of icons.
- Click the Settings icon to manage that break's settings.
- To make this break a value-based break, check the Value based break box, and click the Values button to manually select the values to break on.