Zoom, What is Zoom?
UIUC Zoom Functions and Features service go to meeting video conference
Zoom video conferencing provides meeting and webinar functionality that enhances learning and collaboration among students, faculty, staff and research partners. Meetings can be recorded and automatically transcribed. In addition, Illinois Canvas, Compass2g (Blackboard) and Learn@Illinois (Moodle) integrations allow meetings/classes to be scheduled and opened directly within the Learning Management System.
Zoom Basic and Education licenses are available. All UIUC currently registered undergraduate, graduate and professional students, faculty and staff are entitled to a Zoom for Education license.
Those not UIUC staff, students or faculty should contact the WebStore to discuss licensing.
What functionality is available with the UIUC Zoom for Education service?
- Include up to 300 meeting participants
- 24-hour meeting duration limit
- Host, Co-hosts, Attendees
- Waiting room
- Break-out sessions
- Chat, Raise Hand, Polls
- The host can mute or un-mute all.
- User-initiated recordings – host can enable or disable
- Record to local drive or cloud
- Compass 2g, Moodle Integrations
- Increase meeting participant limitation to 500 or 1000 for an additional fee
- Webinar functionality can be added for an additional fee
- Cloud Recording with meeting transcription option.