LinkedIn Learning, Signing In
Step-by-step instructions for signing into LinkedIn Learning. Includes instructions on how to log into LinkedIn Learning without using a LinkedIn account.
Signing Into LinkedIn Learning
Follow these steps to sign into LinkedIn Learning using your campus single sign-on service:
1. Navigate to the LinkedIn Learning site: www.linkedin.com/learning .
2. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click on "Sign In":
3. Enter your full university email address and click 'Continue':
4. If you have a LinkedIn account that you have previously connected to your LinkedIn Learning account - and you are not already logged into your LinkedIn account - you will now be prompted for your LinkedIn password (which is different that your university netid password).
If you have a connected LinkedIn account and are already logged in you will be sent to the university SSO and the 'Discovery' page where you will log into LinkedIn Learning (#5 below).
If you have a LinkedIn account that is not connected to your LinkedIn Learning (LiL) account, once in LiL you will be prompted to connect these accounts. You may click 'Not Now' to skip this step.
If this is your first time using LinkedIn or LinkedIn Learning you will be sent to the SSO and Discovery pages where you complete your SSO login to LinkedIn Learning. In the LinkedIn Learning site you will be asked to complete a simple user profile. Then you will see a prompt to connect or create a LinkedIn account. You may click 'Not Now' to skip this step. If you choose to create a LinkedIn account the next time you login you may be prompted to log into LinkedIn as well as LinkedIn Learning. Otherwise, you may use LinkedIn Learning without a LinkedIn profile.
5. If you logged into your LinkedIn account you will now log into LinkedIn Learning. This seems confusing but LinkedIn and LinkedIn Learning are two completely separate services, so require two logins to be active in both.LinkedIn Learning authentication is integrated with the university Single Sign-On (SSO):
6. Select your university and sign-in using your netid credentials and, if prompted, UI 2FA.
8. You are now signed into LinkedIn Learning.
In the upper right-hand corner of the home page you should see the small three-campus logo and a thumbnail photo of yourself (if you have uploaded one to your LinkedIn account). If you have logged into LinkedIn, as you complete courses, badges and other information will automatically be pushed to your LinkedIn account. Logout by clicking on your profile 'Me' arrow and then 'Sign out'. Logging out of LinkedIn Learning does NOT log you out of LinkedIn, so the next time you want to log into LinkedIn Learning you will not be prompted to log into LinkedIn first.
Please contact the WebStore if you have questions or comments about this service.