LinkedIn Learning: Account Upgrade Error
Previous Lynda.com users may be unable to login to LinkedIn Learning to upgrade their account. When clicking on the link provided in the 'upgrade' email an error message says that they do not have an active account. The provided steps will resolve the issue for the Chrome browser.
Following the migration of university Lynda.com users to LinkedIn Learning in late August 2019, all users of Lynda.com were sent an email invitation to upgrade their account. In very rare instances people using the Chrome browser received a strange error during the login process stating that they did not have a valid account.
The issue is that Chrome unintentionally blocked website 'cookies' from LinkedIn.com. The solution is to specifically change a browser setting to allow cookies from LinkedIn.com .
Follow these steps if using the Windows Chrome browser (78.0.3904.97, 64-bit):
1. Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the browser page.
2. Click on 'Settings'.
3. Along the left side of the Settings page, click on the down-pointing arrow by 'Advanced' to show the Advanced configuration options.
4. Click on 'Privacy and security'.
5. In the middle pane, towards the bottom of the screen, click on 'Site Settings'.
6. In the middle pane, at the top, click on 'Cookies and site data'.
7. You will now (finally) see the cookie configuration page:
At the top of the page you will see:
"Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)" - which is ENABLED by default (Blue)
If this option is disabled no cookie data is being stored from any web site.
At the bottom of the page you will see the option to 'Add' specific sites.
8. Click on the blue 'Add' button and type: [*.]linkedin.com
Be sure to include the square brackets in front: [*.].
9. Click 'Add' to add the site.
This is the reported solution for the issue.
All browsers have cookie settings that can be reconfigured.
Perform an online search to find the steps required for the browser of your choice.
Contact and Support:
- For support or feedback, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.