Webtools - Official University of Illinois Branded Signature
An email signature is a tool that we use to share our basic contact information and, more importantly, let our recipients know that we are connected to and communicating on behalf of Illinois. Because of this, it makes sense to standardize email signatures throughout the university and better tie them to the Illinois brand.
In order to make this standardization easy for everyone, Creative Services and Web Services collaborated to add the email signature generator to the Web Tools suite. This tool allows you to simply copy and paste an appropriately formatted email signature into your email client.
Follow the illustrated steps below to generate your signature and add it to Outlook.
1. Go to https://webtools.illinois.edu
2. In the top navigation menu, select More -> Directory
3. In the Employees tab, click your email address in the list of users
4. Select the Signature (tab)
5. Scroll through your information and edit as needed. For example, you may want to edit the position field as it is most likely abbreviated
6. When you have completed the form, scroll to the bottom and click the Generate Signature button.
7. Click the Select button and copy the text
8. In Outlook, click New Email button
9. In the new email, click the Signature button and select Signatures…
10. The Signatures and Stationary box will appear
11. Click the New button
12. Enter a name for you signature
13. Click the OK button
14. In the box, Paste the copied text (CTRL+V or right-click -> Paste)
15. Click the Save button
16. (Optional) If you the signature to appear in every message you send, on the New Message drop-down, select your new signature (i.e. "My branded signature")
17. Click the OK button