2FA, No password, 2FA device, or bank account on file
I'm stuck trying to access my account. I let my password expire (or forgot it) and can't get past MFA (lost device, changed phone number, etc.). I don't have a bank account on file with the university, what can I do?
You can utilize self-service options if the following applies to you:
- If you forgot your password but you do have access to a registered MFA device, you can reset your password here: NetID Center Reset Password.
- If you know your password and have a recovery email on file, but do not have access to any of your MFA devices you can get a temporary passcode here: NetID Center Temporary Passcode.
However, please contact the Help Desk at 217-300-7140 to get a temporary passcode if the following applies to you:
- If you know your password, but you do not have a recovery email on file and you do not have access to any of your MFA devices.
- If you forgot your password, you do not have a recovery email on file, and you do not have access to any of your MFA devices.
- The passcode you receive (from the NetID Center or the Help Desk) is designed for short-term occasional or emergency use. Each passcode expires after 3 days or 100 uses, whichever comes first. You can request a temporary passcode a maximum of 24 times a year.
- Make sure to update your registered MFA devices via the NetID Center or Duo Universal Prompt after receiving the passcode to avoid having to use bypass codes in the future.
[Starting Aug 12-14] If accessing Microsoft365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) or Shibboleth (Canvas, Box, Zoom, Moodle, etc.):
Select "Other options" at the Duo prompt, then click on "Bypass code" as shown in the screenshot below:
If accessing AITS Applications (Banner, HR Reporting, My UI Info, NetID Center, Direct Deposit, etc.):
Select the "Use" drop down as shown in the screenshot below: