Web Hosting, RSO Ownership Transfer Procedure
If your RSO has a campus-hosted website or wiki space, you can follow this procedure to change ownership from the current set of officers to the next set of officers.
If the current site owners are still available:
- For a cPanel hosted website (web.illinois.edu):
Your current site owner will want to give the new site owner both primary contact permissions and web interface access following the steps in cPanel, Getting access and setting permissions . The new site owner must be using an @illinois.edu email address for their identity, even if they have a separate Google account.
In addition, if your cPanel site uses a content management system such as WordPress or Drupal, your new site owner will also need to receive administrative permissions to that system as well.
- For a publish.illinois.edu hosted website:
Your current site owner will want to give the new site owner administrator permissions following the steps in PIE, Adding users . The new site owner must be using an @illinois.edu email address for their identity, even if they have a separate Google account.
- For a wiki site:
Your current site owner will want to give the new site owner administrator permissions following the steps in Wiki, Add or Remove Users . The new site owner must be using an @illinois.edu email address for their identity, even if they have a separate Google account, and must already have logged into the wiki to be available for selection in the permissions management area.
If the current site owners are not available:
- Make sure the RSO information is up-to-date: https://illinois.campuslabs.com/engage/organizations
- If you're not listed as an officer for your RSO and you need to be, the Student Organization Development and Administration department can help you get listed for verification.
- Submit a ticket at https://go.illinois.edu/cpanelhelp requesting the ownership change.
- Include in your ticket:
- A link to the website you need permissions to (most likely a publish.illinois.edu or web.illinois.edu URL)
- A link to the CampusLabs RSO page of your specific organization, showing that you're an officer of the organization
We will then verify the person requesting ownership is listed as an officer on the RSO page, and change the website permissions if it's an Illinois site that we have access control to.
(Please note that we don't have access control to wordpress.org, Wix, Instagram, Twitter, or other non-Illinois web hosting and social media services. We can only provide authorization overrides for websites hosted on Illinois web hosting services.)