Argus systems monitor and control the greenhouse buildings located next to the PSL and Turner Hall buildings. Below are instructions on how to add the Argus Classic system to your computer so you can view and manipulate controls and alarms in the greenhouses.
Note: If you are trying to connect to Argus Titan, this page does not contain the pertinent information. Some info may be the same but it will not be exact.
1. Open Argus Classic.
2. Try connecting to the clients listed under the Clients title.
3. If you are able to connect and can see current data from Argus (example shown in Step 9 below), you're done! If none are connecting and showing Argus flash screens/data, continue to Step 4.
4. Get back to the screen shown above in Step 2. Right click and Delete the clients listed.
5. Click the plus sign to the right of Clients.
6. Enter the IP address of the Argus Classic server into the top right box of the window shown in Step 7. (If you do not know it, please contact the Plant Care Facilities Coordinator).
7. Select the first option in the Available Build section, shown below. Leave all other options as is. Press OK.
8. You should see this screen appear, shown in Step 9.
9. Click on one of the options, such as PSL Temperature Overview. After a short while, you should see temperature data populate the yellow boxes. Done!
Note: If you do not see numbers and see dashes or non-numeric info, there is something wrong with the server or IP address to it.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices