Setting default apps enables the user to quickly and easily open webpages, files, and emails in their desired application.
1. In the bottom left of the screen, type in "Default Apps" to the Windows search bar and click on the top result shown below. You will then see the Default Apps settings page displayed in the second image below.
2. For each subject (e.g. Email, Browser), click on the app icon below and select the application you want to use. It is recommended to set Email to Outlook and Web Browser to one of: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
3. The last default app to set is Adobe Acrobat DC so that .pdf files open in it properly. In the page shown above in Step 1, click on Set defaults by app located toward the bottom of the window.
4. Scroll down the list of programs and click on Adobe Acrobat DC, then click Manage.
5. Find .pdf in the list of file types and click on the app displayed to its right. Then, click on Adobe Acrobat DC. Done!
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices