Below are details on adding someone's calendar and how to change your settings if you do not want people to be able to view said calendar.
For Shared Calendars, or full access to someone's calendar, they must add your account to their calendar using this link: Sharing your Outlook Calendar.
1. Open Outlook, click on the Calendar icon (1) in the bottom right.
2. Right click My Calendars (2), click Add Calendar (3), then click From Address Book.
3. In the top left text box, type in the person's name in this format: Last-name, First-name. Make sure the Address Book on the right of said text box is set to Global Address List or Offline Global Address List.
4. Double click their name when it shows up. Click OK.
Done! After a few seconds, their calendar will appear next to yours and will contain their calendar events and meetings (visibility of said events will depend on their Free/Busy View options outlined in the next section.
1. In Outlook, right click your Calendar icon. Then, click Options.
2. Under Calendar Options, click Free/Busy Options.
3. Under Permissions, click the bubble next to whichever setting you want. By default, the permissions will be set to Can view when I'm busy. Press OK.
Note: if you want to give certain view permissions separate from My Organization, you can click Add... and enter that person's email into the Currently sharing with.. box. This is approaching Shared Calendar territory, so it may be better to just add the person's email to your shared person's list and have them access it that way.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices