Zoom requires continuous updates to work properly and provide the newest features to the user. There are a few places you can check for Zoom updates or view your client version to verify if you need an update.
Be sure to be logging into any Zoom client or website via SSO, NOT the usual sign in method of login and password. To learn more about signing in via SSO for Zoom, click on this link: https://answers.uillinois.edu/aces/108920
1. Open the Zoom client. (You can search for it in the Windows search bar in the bottom left of the screen and open the result)
2. Click on the profile picture or initials at the top right of the Zoom menu window (1).
3. From the dropdown, click on Help (2), then click on About Zoom (3).
A window will pop up with your current Zoom client version (e.g. Version 5.7.1).
Note: This option is disabled for computers with Software Center installed. Updates for Zoom will be done through Software Center and not the client. Please see the next section of this article for correct instructions.
1. Open the Zoom client.
2. Click on the profile picture or initials at the top right of the Zoom menu window.
3. From the dropdown, click on Check for Updates.
Zoom will search and/or pop up with a window saying there is a Zoom update and asking if you want to install it. Click Install.
1. Open Software Center, (you can search for this in the Windows search bar located in the bottom left of your screen).
2. From the Applications tab, click on the Zoom icon. Here, click Install.
After a short while, Zoom will be updated!
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices