HDFS 206 Portfolio Access
HDFS 206 share drive access instructions
If you are off‐campus, you must first connect to the VPN.
VPN instructions are available at:
1. Open a Windows Explorer window by opening any folder or My Documents.
2. In the center bar at the top of the window, type or copy the following path: \\ad.uillinois.edu\aces\HDFS\Share\EVERYONE\CDL-ECDL\Pictures_and_Portfolios
3. If prompted for a username and password, use uofi\yournetid and your AD password.
- Make sure to sign in as another user rather that your default system account.
4. Navigate to your desired folder.
5. Right-click and drag the folder to your desktop. You will be given an option to create a shortcut. You may use the shortcut for all future access.
1. Click on Go, located in the Finder menu at the top of your screen.
2. Click on Connect to Server.
3. In the address field, type or copy in the following path: smb://ad.uillinois.edu/aces/HDFS/Share/EVERYONE/CDL-ECDL/Pictures_and_Portfolios
- Click on the + symbol to save the address.
4. Click on Connect.
5. When prompted for a username and password, use uofi\yournetid and your AD password.
6. Navigate to your desired folder.
You will find the address saved for all future connections. If you have issues, please consult ds‐email@example.com or visit Bevier Hall 158 with any questions