Instructors teaching in 122 Bevier Hall can use the CaptureSpace tool from Illinois MediaSpace to record student presentations, lectures, slides, and/or audio content and upload it directly to MediaSpace for distribution. Follow the steps below to get started.
First-time step: install CaptureSpace on the room computer. Everyone has to download it the first time under their own login.
1. Go to mediaspace.illinois.edu, click "Illinois Login" -> Log in
2. Click the "Add New" drop-down menu and choose "CaptureSpace"
3. Select your operating system. On the 122 Bevier podium PC, choose Windows.
4. Wait for the download to finish, then launch the installer from the Downloads folder
5. When the download finishes, it will tell you to launch from MediaSpace.
6. Go back to MediaSpace and repeat step 2 - Add New -> CaptureSpace
7. Wait while the app launches
5. Click the "Save" button to save settings
6. Click back to "Record" and choose "Webcam"
7. It will count down 5 seconds and begin recording.
Note: if the Vaddio webcam needs adjustment, you can use the remote to change it on the fly.
1. When you are finished recording, click the "Done" button
2. When the recording is complete, it will automatically show you a preview of the video. Check it if you prefer, then click the "Done" button, lower-right
3. In the Upload Options box, give your recording a title, description, and tags for searching later
4. Click the "Upload" button and wait while it uploads
5. When the upload finishes, you will find the recording both on the Desktop and in your MediaSpace "My Media" library.
6. (Optional) You can integrate MediaSpace and Compass 2g. Check out this answer article for more info.