How to Map a Network Share or Drive on a Mac
When off-campus, you must connect to the Internet and initiate a VPN connection using the Cisco AnyConnect software. If you did not identify the shares you need prior to leaving campus, you can try identifying the drive path from this list of drive paths. If you are not able to find the drive path you need, contact email@example.com.
Video Instructions: How to Connect to a Network Drive (Mac)
Connecting to a “network drive” or “shared drive” or “shared folder” from a Macintosh computer:
- First, ensure you are either on the wired campus network, IllinoisNet wireless, or using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN from an off-campus location.
- Click the Finder icon in your dock.
- Click the Go menu, and then select Connect to Server.
- Enter in the Server Address box the full drive path.
- For example, to connect to the Channell Lab share, enter smb://ad.uillinois.edu/ahs/shs-lab-channell
- Click the “+” button to add it to the Favorite Servers list. After adding to the Favorite Servers list, you may double-click it to access it.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your NetID in the Name box and your password in the Password box.
You now have access to your network share.