Department Card Manager: Request a TCard in TCS
This article provides step-by-step instructions on Requesting a TCard in TCS
Only the Department Card Manager (DCM) or DCM Delegate can request a TCard.
- Obtain this information from the applicant:
- Mother’s maiden name or a password.
- The Department Head’s University Identification Number (UIN).
- Login to the TCard Solution (TCS) system at https://appserv6.admin.uillinois.edu/tcard/.
- Click the Card Holder Maintenance link.
- Enter the applicant’s UIN.
- Press the ENTER key, or click the Search button.
NOTE: If the applicant had a previous TCard, a new application cannot be generated. Stop the application process and contact UPAY Card Services for further instructions.
- Select the applicant’s name to start the application process.
- Click the Cardholder Information tab to:
- Verify the applicant’s name in the Name on Card field (21 character limit).
- Enter the applicant’s mother’s maiden name or a password in the Mother’s Maiden Name field.
- Verify the phone number.
- Click the Card Parameters tab to:
- Select U4I in the Merchant Code Profile field.
- Verify the Daily Number Limit is 999 and the Monthly Number Limit is 9999.
- Select Generate Application in the Status field.
NOTE: If all the applicant’s information is not available:
- Change the Status to Draft Application.
- Obtain the applicant’s information.
- Complete the application.
- Enter the Single Trans Limit ($4,999 or less), and the Monthly Cycle Limit ($25,000 or less).
- Click the Department Manager tab to:
- Select the department manager’s name under the Department Manager field.
- Enter the Department Head’s UIN in the UIN field.
- Click the Comments tab, and enter any necessary comments.
- Click the Shipping Information tab and enter the system address, mail code (e.g., MCxxx) or mail stop (e.g., MSxxx), city, state, and zip code.
NOTE: This will be the applicant’s billing address.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Print Auth/Agreement Form button to print the Authorization/Agreement and Application Information Form.
- Obtain the required signatures on the form.
- Keep the original, signed form. Email the form to UPAY Card Services for processing.
- Click the Logout link to exit.
Please contact UPAY Card Services if you have any questions.