Installing the Zoom for Outlook Add-in
How to install the Zoom for Outlook add-in in Microsoft Outlook for Windows
Technology Services has announced that the Zoom for Outlook plug-in will no longer be supported after May 2021 and will be replaced by the Zoom for Outlook add-in. Extension IT will be removing the plug-in from computers and staff will need to install the add-in with the instructions below.
Installing the add-in from the market place does not require administrative permissions.
To add the Zoom Add-in to the Outlook Desktop Application please follow these instructions:
1. Open Outlook and click “Get Add-ins” button in the top menu bar. The icon looks like one of the following:
2. A new window will appear. Type “Zoom” in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the new window:
3. Click the “Add” button below the Zoom for Outlook Icon and the Zoom Add-in will be added to your Outlook Desktop Client
Once the add-in is installed it can be found when making a new meeting via the new button on the ribbon. NOTE: If you don't see the button, please expand your window. The button can be hidden if the window is not maximized (full-screen).
To schedule the meeting, click the "Add a Zoom Meeting" button. Please note that if you are not currently signed into Zoom, Outlook will ask you to sign in.
To Sign into the Zoom add-in please follow these instructions:
1. Click the "Add a Zoom Meeting" button
2. A popup window will appear. Click the "Sign in with SSO" button.
3. Enter "illinois" into the domain portion of the text box.
4. Click the "Proceed" button to continue. After this, you may now begin scheduling your Zoom meeting.