To check and change (if desired) the current setting in Chrome.
1. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window. The dots appear vertically, not side by side.
2. Choose Settings from the menu of options.
3. Choose Privacy and Security from the options on the left side of the screen.
4. Choose Site Settings.
5. Click on Additional Content Settings towards the bottom of the list.
6. Look for PDF Documents.
7. Slide the button to the right to enable Download PDF Files instead of automatically opening in Google Chrome.