How to Log into Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
This article explains the steps to Logging into the VPN Client "Cisco AnyConnect" on Extension PCs. Cisco AnyConnect allows the user to access campus resources such as TEM and Shared network drives while working away from Extension Offices.
- The Cisco AnyConnect client autoruns on login into the computer. If you do not currently see the app running in the hidden application tray, please start it from your Start Menu by clicking the app under the "Cisco" folder.
- Left-click the Globe to launch the Connection Window. Please type the address "vpn.illinois.edu" if not already present before clicking Connect.
- You will be prompted with the Username and Password box if the address is correct. Please type in your Netid and then your password. Do not type your email address. Leave the Group setting unchanged. Click OK.
- If your VPN client requires an update, you may see the window asking to either Update or Defer. Please continue with the update. It does not require admin to update the client. Click Update.
- The application will download the update and install it. Please do not interrupt this process.
- After the client updates, it will continue to connect.
- Once connected you will see the following window, it is safe to click the minimize button to hide it in the hidden applications tray.
- If you wish to disconnect from the VPN, you can find the Cisco AnyConnect application by viewing the hidden application tray on your taskbar (click the ^ in the lower right) and then left-click the Globe with the lock symbol on it. Click Disconnect.