Add an additional mailbox in Outlook
How to add an additional mailbox to your Outlook account
Additional Account Overview
Adding additional accounts to your Outlook requires access be granted by IT ahead of time. You will need to submit a request to IT (email@example.com) before you will be able to follow the steps below. Once access is granted it can take up to a full day before you are able to view the additional account.
How to add an Additional Mailbox to Outlook1. Open Outlook. Click “File” tab to access the settings for Outlook
2. Click “Account Settings” button and then select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click your current email account in the “Email Accounts” window and then the button “Change…” directly above it.
4. From the “Change Account” window, click the “More Settings…” button
5. From the email configuration window, click the “Advanced” tab. Click the “Add…” button to add you additional mailbox.
6. Type in your mailbox you wish to view in Outlook. Example uie-unitname. Then Click the “OK” button.
7. You can now see the email box has been added. Click “OK” to save your settings.
8. Click “Next” to save the changes.
9. Click “Finish” to finish the wizard.
10. Your outlook “Home” tab will now have your new email box listed under your personal mailbox as seen in the picture below. Note: If you were just granted access, it will take a full day before you can expand the new mailbox to view the “Inbox” folder.