2. Create the folder that you want all new specific emails to be sent to. Let us say you are creating folders for email sent to you from individual staff members. For this document, I will be using emails from Dan Horn as my example.
3. Right click Inbox under your firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox and click on New Folder.
4. Name the folder what you want it to be called.
5. Now that you have your folder created you are going to make the Rule that Outlook will follow for new emails from that staff members email. Click File on the top tool bar of outlook.
6. You should see something that closely resembles the picture below. Next click on Manage Rules & Alerts.
7. In the new window that pops up click on the New Rule… option.
8. In the Rule Wizard under Step 1: Select a template you will see a list of different rules you can create. In this example of moving emails from a specific person, select the first option Move messages from someone to a folder. Ensure that is selected and click Next.
9. Next in Step 2: Edit the rule description. Click on People or public group.
10. In the next window that opens, type the name of the sender (Last, First) you want to select. As you type, the name will appear alphabetically below. Select the correct person and click From and then OK. (Tip: You can skip the name search by directly entering their email address in the From line below and clicking OK.)
11. Next in Step 2: Edit the rule description. Click on specified folder.
12. In the next window that opens, find the folder you wish to have the emails sent to. Select the correct folder and click OK.
13. Your Step 2 should look something like this summary of the rule created. Click Next and then click Finish.
14. Next click Apply and then click OK.
15. Any new emails from that person should now show up in the folder you selected.