Setting Google Chrome to Open PDF in Adobe
Instructions to set the default for Chrome handling of PDF to Open in Adobe rather than Chrome
The typical default setting within Google Chrome is to open a PDF document as a window within the browser rather than in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Most of the time this is fine. The area that creates the biggest issue is typically printing.
To check and change (if desired) the current setting in Chrome.
1. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window. The dots appear vertically, not side by side.
2. Choose Settings from the menu of options.
3. Choose Privacy and Security from the options on the left side of the screen.
4. Choose Site Settings.
5. Click on Additional Content Settings towards the bottom of the list.
6. Look for PDF Documents.
7. Slide the button to the right to enable Download PDF Files instead of automatically opening in Google Chrome.