Firefox Setting PDF to Open in Adobe
Instructions to set the default handling of a PDF in Firefox to open in Adobe rather than another browser window
The default handling of PDF documents in Firefox is to open the document within the browser. Many times it is preferred that the document is opened in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
In order to have your PDF documents open in Adobe, do the following:
1. In Firefox click on the 3 bars in the upper right.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Choose General on the left. Will most likely be the tab you open to, but select to make sure.
3. Scroll through the options and look for Applications
4. Locate Portable Document Format (PDF).
5. Change this to Use Windows Default Application. This will set the program to open the PDF to the default program, which is normally set by IT to be Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.