Zoom, Get Add-ins
This article shows how to add the Zoom integration to Outlook Desktop Application, Outlook Web Application (OWA) and G Suite as well as Web Browsers Firefox and Chrome.
Please get the Zoom for Outlook or Google Add-in as directed below.
To view screenshots of the Zoom Add-in and
Zoom Plug-in (deprecated) icons, view this PDF for Mac or PDF for Windows.
INFORMATION ABOUT REMOVING ZOOM FOR OUTLOOK PLUG-IN FROM A UNIVERSITY MANAGED DEVICE:
If you're unable to uninstall the Zoom for Outlook plug-in from a university managed device, please reach out to you department's IT group. Depending on how software is managed on your device, you may have the ability to remove the Zoom for Outlook plug-in yourself using the Software Center (Windows) or Managed Software Center (Mac). If your IT department manages your device's software for you, they will likely schedule a time to remove the Zoom for Outlook plug-in on your behalf in the near future. Please coordinate with your department's IT group to determine when they will remove the Zoom for Outlook plug-in for you.
Click the link above to get Zoom for Outlook via Microsoft AppSource
Outlook Desktop Application
To get the Zoom Add-in for the Outlook Desktop Application please follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook and click “Get Add-ins” button in the top menu bar. The icon looks like one of the following:
Outlook for Windows
Outlook for Mac
- A new window will appear. Type “Zoom” in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the new window:
- Click the “Add” button below the Zoom for Outlook Icon and the Zoom Add-in will be added to your Outlook Desktop Client.
(Mac) To enable this feature, open Outlook and select the app menu > Preferences > Privacy. This action will open the Account Privacy settings dialog box where you can see your privacy options. In the new window, check the box next to "Enable optional connected experiences" then click "OK".
(Windows) To enable this feature, in Outlook click "File", then choose "Office Account". The window will display your account information. Click the "Manage Settings" button under the Account Privacy heading. In the new window, check the box next to "Enable optional connected experiences" then click "OK". To return to the main Outlook view, click the back arrow in the upper right corner.
Outlook Web Application (OWA)
To get the Zoom Add-in for the Outlook Web Application please follow these instructions:
NOTE: You only need to get the Zoom for Outlook Add-in to either the Outlook Desktop OR Web application, not both. Once the Zoom integration has been added to one, it will automatically be applied to the other.
- Using a web browser, navigate to outlook.office.com and sign in with your Illinois credentials.
- Click the "New message” button located in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
- Once the new message window has appeared find the ellipsis “…”, located next to the trash can, below the message body field and click it.
- A pop-up menu should appear with the “Get Add-ins” located at the bottom.
- Click “Get Add-ins”.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the newly rendered window, should be a “Search add-ins” field. Type “zoom” into this field.
- Click “Add” within the “Zoom for Outlook" icon.
Zoom for Google Workspace (formerly Zoom for GSuite): Gmail/Google Calendar
To get the Zoom Meeting Add-on for Gmail/Google Calendar please follow the instructions below:
- Using a web browser, navigate to your Gmail Inbox or Google Calendar and login.
- Click the plus symbol "+" in the task bar, on the far right side of the window.
- In the new window, search for "Zoom" in the search bar located in the upper right hand corner. The offering titled "Zoom for GSuite" is highlighted below in red.
- Select the Zoom offering, and click "install" on the subsequent screen.
- Click "Allow" if you're blocking popups.
- IMPORTANT: Please understand the permissions that are being asked of you. Zoom is asking to share data between itself and your Google Workspace (GSuite)/Google Apps @ Illinois profile. If you consent to these two services sharing your data, please click "allow".
- You have now added Zoom for Google Workspace (GSuite). For more information about how to schedule or start a meeting, please click here.
To add the Zoom Meeting extension to the Chrome Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Chrome Extension page.
- Click "Add to Chrome".
To add the Zoom Meeting extension to the Firefox Web Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Scheduler Firefox ADD-ONS page.
- Click "+Add to Firefox".