Offices often have at least one shared mailbox for voice mail, responding to outside inquiries, projects, and more. Follow the steps below to add a second account to Outlook 365 on a Windows computer.
NOTE: To open a shared mailbox on a Mac, follow the steps in this article instead.
1. In Outlook, go to File and choose Account Settings -> Account settings
2. Choose "New..."
3. Enter the email address of the shared mailbox and choose "Connect." Please be patient as this can take some time.
4. When prompted, choose "Microsoft 365" for account type
5. When prompted for a password, click the "Back" button and then enter YOUR OWN email address and campus password
6. Wait for the mailbox to finish configuring, then close and re-open Outlook.
7. Once the mailbox is added, it will be available at the bottom of the left-hand column of folders in Outlook. Scroll to find it.
8. Click the triangle next to the mailbox name to expand the folders.
If you have any questions or run into any issues, please contact the Help Desk at 217-244-0812 or email@example.com.