iBuy - Shopping Experience from Search to Place Order
In the Search field, users enter keywords for the items they want to purchase, then click the Search icon.
Simple and Advanced tabs along the top of the search field allow users to toggle between simple and advanced search pages.
The Go to and Browse shortcut links provide quick access to frequently used features such as favorites or forms. The links are displayed as text above the field on a wide screen and collapse into an Actions icon with a drop-down menu on narrower screens.
Items that match the search criteria are displayed on the search results page. Note that the findings that display are based on settings established by the vendors for their catalogs within the Showcase and Favorites a user may have created.
On this page, users can:
- Search for additional items using the search field at the top of the page.
- Show/Hide filter options.
- Apply multiple search filters in the left sidebar to narrow search results.
- Choose different sorting preferences from the BEST MATCH menu.
- Configure additional details visible in search results.
- Click on an item name to display product details.
- Compare products.
- Add items to their Favorites.
- See iBuy - Establishing and Using Favorites job aid for additional information.
- Adjust the view of search results between Grid View or List View .
Add to Cart or Order from Supplier
Based on the search settings established by the vendors for their catalogs within the Showcase, the user may see Add to Cart or Order from Supplier in the details box to use when selecting the item to order. Order from Supplier may have the user process another search for the item within the catalog.
The shopping cart contains items a user has selected to purchase using one of the Shopping Methods:
- Through the Punchout or Hosted catalog sticker in the Showcase.
- From Search results as outlined above.
- Using either the Purchasing Requisition Form or the Standing Order Form from the University Forms list.
Proceed to Checkout
Tabs at the top of the page contain additional information about the document. Items are listed in the bottom section.
- Click tabs to view and edit information within them.
- Click the Edit icon to modify information in a section.
- Click the Actions icon to see actions that can be performed for the area you are in. In the Items section, on individual items, you will see actions that can be applied to that item only. If you select the icon near the top of the Items section, you will see actions that can be taken for all selected items.
- Click the drop-down menus next to headings to see a list of additional actions that can be taken. For example, clicking the drop-down menu next to the Requisition heading displays Continue Shopping or Add Comment actions. Select a line item and open the Actions menu to see a list of actions that can be taken for the selected items.
- The right sidebar shows document totals, primary actions, and related documents. Users can also view approval workflow information in the What's next for my order? section.
- Click the FILTER VIEW icon to view or hide header and line item details, line items only, or accounting codes only.
After Order is Placed
Submitted Requisitions are displayed in a document configuration that is similar to the Checkout page.
Use the Related Documents section in the right panel on the order to locate the Requisition, Purchase Order, and Invoice, if the vendor submits invoices within iBuy.
You will see these icons on the shopping pages:
- Click to display additional options or actions available for items in a panel or page.
- Click to edit information in a panel.
- Collapse section.
- or Expand section.
- or Collapse or Expand the Summary sidebar.
- Click to add an item to Favorites.
- Item is a user's personal Favorite.
- Item is a shared Favorite.
- Shared cart
- The recommended item has been added to a requisition in the last 30 days.
- or Click to add an item to the Compare list.
- or Item has been added to the Compare list.
- Click to generate a comparison.
- No items have been selected for comparison.
- Show shopping search results in a grid view.
- Show shopping search results in a list view.
- Choose which item details to display on tiles in the grid view.
- Item is associated with a contract.
- or Show or hide the sidebar.
- View or hide header and line item details, line items only, or accounting codes only.
- Click for assistance.