Using the room with BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE
This room has been optimized to work with Blackboard Collaborate. The room is equipped with camera and microphones to ensure that all distance-learning students are well-integrated into the class.
- Connect a USB port on your computer to the AV Bridge USB port on the Red Wall Plate using a USB cable (available in Room 25).
- Connect your computer to the Red Wall Plate using a HDMI or VGA cable. If you are using VGA cable, make sure that you have connected the audio cord to the wall plate as well, otherwise there will be no sound.
- On Blackboard, make sure that the "AV Bridge" connection is chosen as the device for the speakers, microphone and displays.
For additional help with this feature, User Services tech support is available in Room 25.
Changing the SETTINGSThere are 4 different options under the settings feature; audio, lights, displays and routing. This section provides a short description of each one.
1. Hit the setting button on the top of the control plate and select the settings that
you want to change.
2. Audio: Using this option, you can increase, decrease, or mute the volume of the audio in the room. You can control the audio in the whole room by using Group, or you can control the volumes of speakers close to each screen by using the respective audio setting. The system also allows you to adjust the sensitivity of each individual mic in the room.
3. Displays: Here you are able to turn on or off the displays that you want. You can stop the displays by using the routing option that will be discussed later. Since turning on/off the displays is more time consuming we recommend using the disconnect feature in routing rather than the turn off and on the screen.
4. Lights: The system allows you to control the lights in the room. For doing so, click on the lights and select one of the options: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, or turn the lights off. You have also the option of gradually increasing or decreasing the light by hitting the up and down buttons.
a. Here you can control the sources and the destinations. You can choose which screen should be the source and which output should be the destination of that source. For doing this, simply pick the source (AppleTV/HDMI/VGA) and then pick your destination for that source. Repeat this for each pair of source and destination.
b. You can also choose which screens you would like disconnected. To do this, simply tap on the disconnect button under the source and then hit the destination. Repeat this for any of the displays that you want to be disconnected.
6. After you’re done changing the settings, hit the EXIT button to go back to the main menu.
Should you require any more assistance, or would like a walk through of the features of this room, please contact User Services in Room 25, or call us at (217) 244-7005.