Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Remote Access
EWS Computer Labs COVID-19 Guidelines
This article provides guidelines for in-person use of the EWS computers labs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- In order to meet campus guidelines and social distancing requirements, the number of lab workstations available for in-person logins have been reduced to 15% - 30% of original capacities in order to maintain a minimum of 6 feet between each workstation. These computers will be marked in each location with special background images indicating whether they are assigned to local (in-person) or remote usage, as seen below:
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available in each lab space. When entering and exiting the lab, please use the sanitizing wipes to wipe all contact surfaces (keyboard, mouse, desk area, arm rests, door handles).
- All faculty, staff, and students are required to complete COVID-19 Safety Training by August 24, 2020: https://covidtraining.research.illinois.edu/
- Testing is required for all faculty, staff, and students who are on-campus for any length of time. https://covid19.illinois.edu/on-campus-testing-locations/
- Students will NOT have swipe access to Engineering Hall (EH) this semester. This includes no after-hours access to the EH 406B1 and 406B8 labs.
- For remote access to EWS lab resources, refer to the following: EWS, Remote Access
- Lab hours and locations are listed EWS Lab Hours & Locations page.