Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Remote Access
OverviewThese instructions are for Engineering courses which have been provisioned for remote access to computer labs.
- Please follow this guide to verify all of your course staff are in the course staff AD group: Instructor Tools
- Membership in this course staff group enables remote access to the provisioned lab(s).
- All students enrolled in the course will have the same remote access. For un-enrolled students, graders, auditors, etc. see the linked article above.
- Depending on how your course is structured, you may want to assign students/groups to numbered workstations
- If the lab is configured for a Hybrid setup (allowing both remote and in-person logins), it is very easy for a remote user to be kicked off of a computer by an in-person user. If running at or near the lab's capacity, please make sure to structure and moderate student usage of the computers.
- Log in to the LabCheck application.
- Select a building to view labs and their current availability (example below).
- Refer to the color key to identify available remote computers.
- Click the number on a PC marked as Available Remote and follow the instructions on-screen to connect to the PC.
- Faded colors indicate computers which have been inactive for over 2 weeks.