Gradescope @ Illinois
What Can Gradescope Do?
Gradescope is workflow grading tool that helps manage student submissions of assignments, allows for feedback by instructors, and gives instructors the ability to export and see analytics on the assignments for their course.
Who Can Use Gradescope?
UIUC has a campus-wide license through the Grainger College of Engineering.
Gradescope currently uses the Illinois login. From their login screen, choose "School Credentials" and scroll down to the button for "University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign NetID"
Integration with Canvas (new Fall 2022)
Spring 2023 update: Gradescope integration with Canvas is available only for Grainger College of Engineering courses. That may change after the semester ends to include more Urbana courses, pending approval by Tech Services and the Provost's office.
While Gradescope has been available for a few years as a stand-alone application, we're happy to announce Gradescope's integration with Illinois Canvas learning system. This simplifies logins, Gradescope setup like roster and staff linking, student assignment workflows, and grade reporting from Gradescope back to Canvas.
Using Gradescope from Canvas as an Instructor (Where the guide gives two different examples, Canvas uses LTI 1.3)
Gradescope Help Guide
As part of the Grainger College of Engineering, Professor Jenny Amos created a Gradescope guide for instructors.
Access the Gradescope @ Illinois 101 Guide to learn how to:
- Create an Account
- Create, edit, and delete a course
- Add students and staff to a course
- Create, edit and delete an assignment
- Grade submissions
- Review grades
- Export grades
- Manage regrade requests
Gradescope Help and Guides (external)
- Online Assignments help center documentation
- Writing Formulas and Equations (LaTeX) guide
- Formatting Text (Markdown) guide
- Gradescope code autograder set-up documentation
- Video for students on how to submit online assignments
- Instruction guide for students on how to submit PDF assignments and digitize handwritten work
- Remote assessment FAQ guide
- Gradescope's help center: https://help.gradescope.com/
- Gradescope public product roadmap: https://trello.com/b/36UN761q/gradescope-roadmap
- Grainger Academy Assessment Webpage
- MediaSpace Channel for Assessment Videos
- Recordings of past Gradescope sessions for UIUC (lead by Jenny Amos): https://mediaspace.illinois.edu/channel/Assessment/169265112
- Slack Channel invitation to the Gradescope-Grainger Slack space (campus support, Q&A, low traffic)
Need More Help?
For support and questions regarding Gradescope, reach out to Engineering IT at email@example.com.