Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Remote Access
EWS Labs, Remote Access, Connecting to Citrix From a Mac
How to connect to Citrix from a macOS computer
- New users: Download and install the Citrix Workspace application from http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
- Current users: Please upgrade to the newest version of Workspace from http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
- If you are connecting from a network other than IllinoisNet, connect to the Technology Services VPN service before using Citrix. VPN instructions can be found at https://answers.uillinois.edu/98773. Problems connecting to the VPN service can be directed to the Tech Services Help Desk.
- Once you are connected to the VPN (if off-campus), open the Citrix Workspace application. The first time you open Citrix Workspace, input 'citrix.engr.illinois.edu' without quotes in the server address field and select 'Add'.
- If you encounter any issues connecting to Citrix, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile when connecting to the VPN.
- Select 'Finish' on the success screen.
- When the login screen appears, input your NetID and your campus AD password.
- Select the 'Apps' tab to view all applications
- Most applications will save content to your EWS home directory by default, and can also save content to your local computer. Access your EWS home directory remotely by following the instructions at https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois.engineering/page.php?id=81206.
- If you encounter any issues using Citrix, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile when connecting to the VPN. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.