Topics Map > Multimedia > Audio/Video > Audio/Video Troubleshooting
AV Troubleshooting - Microphone Volume & Feedback Problems
How to troubleshoot problems with microphone feedback
- If the microphone is feeding back, try turning down the microphone or room audio level.
- Try adjusting the microphone level on the control panel. In most rooms, the speaker should just be able to hear them self over the room speakers
- Check for correct microphone placement
- For laptop/lav microphones, these should be clipped to a shirt or lanyard approximately 4 inches below where the speaker's collar bones meet their sternum
- For handheld microphones, speak into the end of the microphone (not the side) at a distance of 4-8 inches.