Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Printing
EWS Labs, Scanning Locations and Instructions
Instructions for using the scanners in EWS Labs.
Flatbed scanners are available for use in the following EWS labs:
- Digital Computer Lab L426 (computer #7)
- Engineering Hall 406B1 (computer #24)
- Engineering Hall 406B8 (computer #24)
- Grainger 4th Floor, East side (computer #36)
- Mechanical Engineering Lab 1009 (computer #12)
To use the scanners in the EWS Labs, follow these instructions:
- Place your document face down on the scanner and close the lid.
- Open the Start Menu and search for "Windows Fax and Scan." A shortcut is also placed on the desktop.
- Click the "New Scan" button in the top left corner.
- The New Scan window will appear. You can change these settings as appropriate (color format, file type, etc.) and then click the "Scan" button.
- You will be returned to the Fax and Scan window, and your scan will now be shown in the file list. To save it, click the "Save as..." button above and save the file in a location where you can find it later (such as your desktop).
If you need assistance using the scanner, please submit a help request at https://go.illinois.edu/ewshelp