Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Printing
EWS Labs, Printing, AirPrint
Instructions for using AirPrint on EWS Lab printers
AirPrint is a feature of iOS that allows you to print from your iPad or iPhone to a networked printer, such as in an EWS Lab. Engineering IT is running an open beta to allow AirPrint to select EWS printers. To print to an EWS Printer from your iOS device, you must follow the steps below to install the configuration profile on your device.
BETA: AirPrint in the EWS Labs is currently in open beta. As such, some functionality may not work as expected or at all. Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org to help us improve this service.
- Connect your device to IllinoisNet. IllinoisNet_Guest, your home WiFi, or your phone's cellular connection will not work. You must also be connected to IllinoisNet each time you wish to print from your device.
- From your device, visit http://go.illinois.edu/ews-airprint to download the configuration profile.
- You will see a dialog box that tells you the website is attempting to install a configuration profile. Click "Allow."
- You will be prompted to install the PaperCut Mobility Print profile. Click the "Install" button at the top right and enter your passcode (if prompted). Confirm that you want to install the profile.
- You will be returned to your browser. You are now ready to print.
After you have installed the configuration profile, you are ready to print from your device. Printing is handled through iOS and is available in many applications. For this example, we will print from Safari.
- Select "Print" from the options menu in the application you are using. You will see the print dialog.
- Select the "Select Printer" option. You will see a list of printers that AirPrint has been configured for. Note that printing via AirPrint will use your EWS printing balance just as if you were printing from a computer or from WebPrint.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password. Enter your NetID and password and click "OK." You will only need to do this once per printer.
- Select your number of copies and print options as appropriate for your print job.
- Press the "Print" button in the top right. Your job will then be sent to the printer. If your job does not print after following these steps, check your balance at https://papercut.ics.illinois.edu.
If you have any questions or problems with AirPrint, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.