Ticketing System Change - 2020
Summer and Fall 2020 - EngrIT is changing to a new ticketing system. This article documents customer-facing information and updates.
Engineering IT Shared Services is moving to a new support ticketing system on July 28th, 2020.
The ticketing system is a campus and system-wide application.
This article contains information about customer impacts and any updates they might notice as the ticketing system is further developed by the campus-wide project.
What will change:
- The automatic response will look different.
- The email address and name on emails coming out of the ticketing system will be different.
- Some delay in creating tickets from emails will happen. Due to system-wide configuration options at the campus-level, it may take approximately 6 to 11 minutes for an auto-response from the ticketing system. We encourage a call to the Engineering IT Help Desk number (217-333-1313) for urgent issues.
- Customers will be able to view their requests or tickets, once created, through a unique link in each auto-response email. The web view will look different than our previous system.
- Some request forms are changing now (laptop loan and poster printing) but the URL addresses remain the same. Other forms will be updated during the coming months, but the URLs will be the same.
- The web services team will not be using the ticketing system. Requests for assistance with your web pages should be directed to email@example.com.
What does not change:
- The email addresses to contact us. Please continue to reach out to us using any of the email addresses you have used in the past: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc. We are eager to continue to assist you.
- Request forms currently in use will still have the same URLs - see above that the layout might appear different.
- Our commitment to serving your IT needs as a Trusted Academic Partner.