Mount OneDrive Team Site Shared Library
A brief walk-through on how to mount a OneDrive/SharePoint Team Site Shared Library to your computer.
- Open your preferred browser.
- Navigate to www.office365.com.
- Left click "Sign In" on top right of the page. *1
- Use your University email to sign in.
- If you are prompted to select "Work or school account" or "Personal account" select "Work or school account"
- You will be redirected to the University of Illinois' login portal and prompted for 2FA.
- Once you've signed in, find and left click the "OneDrive" icon on the left hand navigation panel.
- In this menu, find and left click your Team Site's "Shared Library". (Example: Engineering IT Shared Services)
- If you're not directly taken to a root folder, you may need to click the folder you want to mount.
- Left click the "Sync" button on the top navigation bar.
- If this option doesn't work left click the "Return to classic OneDrive" link on the bottom of the left navigation panel and then left click the "Sync" button.
- A new window should appear with the link to "Sync now", left click that option to confirm.
- The Firefox browser may prompt you to select an application open the link with, if so:
- Left click the "Choose Application" button.
- With "Microsoft OneDrive" selected, left click the "Open Link" button.
- The Chrome browser may prompt you to Open Microsoft OneDrive, simply left click the "Open Microsoft OneDrive" button.
- This completes the process and you should see a notification that you are now or already syncing that folder.
*1 - There is a shortcut if you use the Microsoft Edge browser on a University owned machine, it likely will take you directly to step 6.
If you would like to see this walkthrough accompanied with pictures or a video please let me know, thank you!