Topics Map > Accounts and Security
Topics Map > Email, Lync, Calendars, Collaboration
Topics Map > Multimedia
Uploading a photo to Lync
Walkthrough for uploading a photo to Lync.
Step 1: Add photo to directory
- Save a photo file of yourself (must be 30KB or less).
- Go to www.illinois.edu.
- Click Directory (next to search bar), type in your NetID, and click Go.
- Click the pencil icon (Edit).
- Log in using NetID and password.
- Under Select your data source, choose Custom.
- Click the Image tab above.
- Under Upload an Image, click Browse and choose the saved photo.
(If the photo is on a website that is publicly accessible, you can use the URL box instead.)
- Click Upload.
Step 2: Use photo in Lync
- Once your photo is saved in the directory, go to Lync and click the Options icon, and My Picture.
- Under Show a picture from a web address, type http://illinois.edu/ds/person/netID.jpg (or .png or .gif). (Replace “netID” with your own netID.). Click Connect to Picture, then OK.