Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Multimedia
Understanding the Echo360 Instructor's Class List
Instructor Guide for Lecture Capture and Echo360
When you navigate to a particular course, the Classes tab for the course appears by default. This is typically referred to as the class list page, and logically, lists all of the classes for that course/section.
To open the Class List page:
- From your DASHBOARD, click ALL CLASSES for a course.
- From the main menu, click COURSES and select a course from the drop-down list.
The course appears with the Classes tab active (see the image at the bottom of this page). The class list provides access to the class-related functionality described here.
Classes whose text is grayed out are future classes; classes in black have already happened (or have no date/time). All classes are available to enter or publish content to. The differentiation in color is simply to identify those classes that have not yet occurred.
You can temporarily sort the class list using the Sort by drop-down at the top of the class list. This temporarily puts the classes in chronological order, but applies only to the current view. Once the page is refreshed, the class list returns to it's original order, including any manual reordering you or another instructor may have done.
Class List functionality is as follows:
- To enter the classroom - Click on the class row. This opens the instructor's classroom view, displaying the content currently published to the class.
- ALTERNATELY, click the content icon for a class and then select View. This also opens the classroom but with the selected content item maximized and in focus (either the capture or the presentation).
NOTE: Deleting a class also deletes all student notes, bookmarks, Q&A and analytic data for the class. The media contained in the class still resides in your LIBRARY page but will need to be published again for students to view it.
See which classes will be streamed LIVE. If your classes will be streamed live and in real-time, a LIVE badge appears next to the Class Name.
- A gray LIVE badge indicates a future class that will be streamed live.
- A green LIVE badge indicates that this class is currently being captured and streamed.
- A green dot next to the class name indicates the class is happening right now.
Note that a green dot always indicates a class happening at the moment. Only classes with a LIVE badge are captured and streamed in real-time to class participants.
Click on a Content Icon to open a menu with commands for that media, such as view, edit presentation, edit availability settings, remove, etc. See Working with Class Content for additional topics and information.
Select View from the Content Icon menu to enter the classroom with that content item maximized and in focus.
- A grey presentation or video icon indicates that this content is not available to students.
To make it available, hover over the icon then select Make Available from the menu that appears.
Alternately, a gray icon may indicate that the scheduled capture is not yet available.
- A green video icon or presentation icon indicates that the content is available to students.
To make it unavailable, hover over the icon then select Make Unavailable from the menu.
To set date-based availability, click the content icon and select Availability settings from the menu.
Click a PLUS icon to add content to the class. You can add ONE video and/or ONE presentation to each class.
Click the Conversation Bubble icon to open the Q&A tab and view the questions and responses posted for the class. The number to the right of the icon indicates how many questions have been posted for that class.
© 2017 Echo360 | www.echo360.com