Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Multimedia
Echo 360 - Enable/Disable Public Links to Content
Instructions for enabling and disabling public links to content on Echo 360
Some institutions do not want to allow users to share publicly available links to video content. The Disable public links toggle allows administrators to turn off the ability copy and subsequently share public URLs that link content in Echo360.
The Public Links toggles can be configured to allow Admins, Instructors, and/or Students to generate public links to content. For Instructors and Students this only applies to content they own (located in their Library page). If enabled, Admins can create and manage public links to any captures visible in the Captures page.
To disable public links to Echo360 content
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Scroll down to the Public Links and Embeddable player links section of the page. There are three toggles in this section, a main toggle and two sub-toggles as shown in the below figure.
- Enable/disable the main toggle switch.
If disabled, NO users can generate or manage any public links to content (including Admins). In addition, any existing public links are disabled; users cannot access the content via those links.
If disabled, the sub-toggles are not available.
If enabled, Admins can create public links to any capture they have access to.
- If the main toggle is enabled, enable/disable the By Instructors toggle. If enabled, all instructors can create public links to media in their Library (media they own).
- If the main toggle is enabled, enable/disable the By Students toggle. If enabled, all students can create public links to media in their Library (media they own).
- As appropriate, review and click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
The users for whom public links are enabled will see a Public Links area on the Sharing tab of the content details page for video media.
IMPORTANT: As stated above, when this feature is disabled, any existing public links will no longer work; users clicking a posted public link returns an error, as disabling this feature deactivates the association between the public link and the media or section.
© 2017 Echo360 | www.echo360.com