Connecting to Citrix from a Windows Computer
This Article explains how to connect to Citrix from a Windows Computer
The instructions below will get you started using Citrix on your personal Windows machine. You can also follow the windows instructions 3 through 10 to access Citrix applications from campus computer labs.
- Download the Citrix Receiver application from http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver and install it to your machine. If you have an older version installed, please upgrade to the newest version.
- If you are connecting from a network other than IllinoisNet or the residence halls (e.g. apartment, parents home, etc...) you'll need to connect to the Tech Services VPN service before using Citrix. If you are encountering slow performance on Citrix over the VPN, please select "Tunnel All" instead of "Split Tunnel" before connecting to the VPN. Instructions for the Technology Services VPN can be found at http://techservices.illinois.edu/services/virtual-private-networking-vpn. Problems connecting to the VPN service can be directed to Tech Services Help Desk.
- Once you are on the VPN (if off-campus) open the Citrix Receiver application. The first time you open the Citrix Receiver you will be asked to provide an email or server name. Use "citrix.engr.illinois.edu" without quotes in the server address field and click "next".
- The receiver will ask if it can make changes to the computer to optimize access to "ENGR", click yes.
- Click finish on the success screen.
- When the login screen appears, use "uofi\your netid" without quotes. Make sure you use the proper "\". The password is your campus AD password.
- On the left side of the receiver application, click on the "+" symbol, followed by all applications to add applications to the main window.
- Once an application is in the main window, you can click it to launch.
- Citrix applications will by default store items in your EWS storage account. Additionally they can store and access stored locally on the machine you are connecting to Citrix from. You can access your EWS storage remotely by following the instructions at https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois.engineering/page.php?id=81206.
- If you have connection issues contact EWS (if in Engineering) or the Technology Services list (if a member of the Beta test).
Please send all questions or comments about these policies to firstname.lastname@example.org.