Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Remote Access
EWS, Remote Access, Connecting to Citrix
Students enrolled in Engineering courses can follow these instructions to use Citrix on a personal computer.
Please note that Citrix and other EWS resources are for instructional use only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Download & Install
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace application at http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
- Current users: Please upgrade to the newest version of the Citrix Workspace at http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
If you are connecting from a wifi network other than IllinoisNet, connect to the Technology Services' Cisco VPN before using Citrix.
- Cisco VPN download and installation instructions can be found at VPN, CISCO AnyConnect, Installation Instructions Splash Page.
- For problems connecting to the Cisco VPN please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.
Access Citrix Workspace
- The first time you open Citrix Workspace, input 'citrix.engr.illinois.edu' without quotes in the server address field and click 'Add.'
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the VPN.
- Select 'Finish' on the success screen.
- When the login screen appears, enter your UIUC NetID and your NetID password and click 'Log On.'
- Select the 'Apps' tab to view all applications. Application visibility will vary based on course registration.
- Most applications will save content to your EWS home directory by default and can also save content to your local computer.
- To access your EWS home directory remotely, use the following instructions at EWS Labs, Remote access to your EWS Windows home directory
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the Cisco VPN.
Application visibility is based on course registration and sometimes requires a manual refresh.
- Select 'Refresh Apps' in the top-right drop-down menu of Citrix Workspace
- Search for the application name under the 'Apps' tab
If you are a TA and cannot see the application, ask the instructor to update the membership of the course staff group using Instructor Tools.