Learn@Illinois Moodle - Enabling NetID Authentication in Zoom
Learn how to force students to use their Illinois Zoom account for Zoom class sessions. This is helpful for verifying their identity for attendance purposes, among other purposes.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleZoomForceNetIDAuthentication
- Go to illinois.zoom.us and click Sign in.
- In the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Make sure that "Only authenticated users can join meetings" is enabled (the toggle should be blue with the circle on the right side).
- Next to "Sign in to Zoom.us (Default)", click Hide in the selection.
- Now, when you go to create or edit meetings, you can check "Only authenticated users can join: Illinois email accounts" and save.
Note: This change may take a few minutes to go through.
- This means that if students try to join the meeting with their personal Zoom account, they will see the message below.
Note: Please direct students to log out of their Zoom desktop/mobile application and follow the instructions here to log in with their Illinois account: