Topics Map > ATLAS Applications
ATLAS Salary Planner Assistant - Salary Letter Template
The above sample template includes a variety of the potential included merge fields for salary letter generation in SPA.
You may use that as a starting point and edit/remove any of the values that you don't want to have included. The table items in the above template will repeat for as many jobs as the employee has. This feature can be useful for people with more than one position, and it is also a clear breakdown even for employees with only one position. This will only show jobs that are included with the college associated to the Salary Group. For example, if an LAS department runs the template letter, their faculty will only see LAS jobs in that letter and in the total salary calculation.
For each Salary Group (college) there will be a single template that can be run at the department level by department admins once activated.
- Starting at the Salary Group admin home, select the Salary Letter Template option in the top right
- Choose template file to upload
- Match document fields to SPA fields (if you use the template items provided above, these should line up automatically)
- You may generate a sample spreadsheet entering a sample employee netID to see how the template will look at the department level
- Save to finalize update of salary letter template
- When ready for department use, return to the Salary Group admin home screen, and select Edit next to the appropriate planning period
- In the same spot that planning periods are locked and archived, there is also a checkbox to enable letter templates -- once this is selected and saved, departments are free to run templates.
From there, the department level admins may click that "Run Template Letters" at the top of their department page to get their salary letters. They will have the option to run those to a document file as well in case departments are wanting to make changes after the fact and add department specific text.