Topics Map > LAS Web Services > Drupal Training Material
ATLAS Web Framework - Basic Pages
Basic Page pages are the mainstay of your site and can be used to display any type of information including images, files, and tables of data.
Putting Basic Pages in menus can also help you create an organized structure to your site. If you'd prefer, there is a Video Guide at the bottom of this article.
Adding a New Basic Page
You must be logged in as an Editor role or higher to add Basic Pages
- Under the Manage menu at the top of your page, click the Content option
- Click the blue + Add Content button just below the content heading
- Click Basic Page on the list of available Content Types.
- Complete the following fields
- Title - The Title will appear at the top of your page in large text. The title in particular will also be picked up by Search Engines so choose a title that accurately describes your page.
- Body - The Body is basically the rest of the page. You can use the format toolbar to add bullets, tables, images, links, and files as well as basic formatting. For more information about formatting body content, see the Text Formatting in Drupal page.
- Menu Settings - At the bottom of the form, you will see a special section for additional options. Click the Menu Settings option and check the Provide a Menu Link box to add this page to the menu structure. There are several fields:
- Menu Link Title - This is the name that will be shown in the menu. Leave it blank to use the title of the page or put in a custom menu title.
- Description - This text will show when the user hovers the mouse over the menu option. It's particularly useful if there are several options that may confuse the user.
- Parent Item - This is the most important field. It controls where your page will sit in the menu. There are several main sections in your site that will show in this list surrounded by brackets (<Site Section>). Below that you will see other pages that have been added. Choose the item that will contain your new page. In the image shown here, the user has selected Anthropology Major which means this new page will be shown under the Anthropology Major page in the Undergraduate Programs section of the Academics section and alongside the Archaeology Concentration, General Anthropology, and others.
- Weight - The weight controls where in the menu the item is placed. By default new items will be listed last. Setting the weight will override this and allow you to control the placement. Smaller weight values will "float" to the top while higher weight values "sink" to the bottom.
- Click the Preview button to see what your page will look like
- Click the Back to Content Editing button at the top of the page to come back to make changes or save your page.
- Click the Save button to save your changes