Learn@Illinois Moodle - Making Workshop More Automatic
Learn how to set up the Workshop activity so that it moves automatically from the submission to the assessment phase, starts automatically on a desired date, and automatically allocates submissions.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleWorkshopAuto
Automating Phases in Workshop
- Click on the Workshop activity.
- In the upper right corner, click the Actions menu gear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Edit settings.
- Click Availability.
- Click the "Enable" checkboxes and set the open and deadline dates for the submission and assessment phases (see image below).
- Be sure to check the "Switch to the next phase after the submissions deadline" checkbox.
- Click Save and display.
- On the main Workshop page, you will need to click the circle in the "Submission phase" in order to allow the submission phase to begin on the "Open for submissions from" date (see image below in the following section).
Automating Submission Allocation
- In the Submission phase section, click Allocate submissions.
- On the far right tab, click Scheduled allocation.
- Click the checkbox to the left of "Automatically allocate submissions at the end of the submission phase".
- Click Allocation settings to expand the section and choose the desired options (see image below).
- Click Save changes.
- The Workshop activity will now run on its own until the end of the assessment phase.
Note: You must manually switch to the "Grading evaluation phase" and then to "Closed" for the calculated grades to appear in the gradebook. At this point, students will also be able to view their submissions and assessments.